Harvard APA and Citing Referencing
Harvard APA is used as a guide to reference materials correctly to ensure that work is stolen from others and credit is give appropriately.
Year 1 Module Notes
Creative Media Tech 2
- The use of various pieces of software such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Premier Pro. These skills are to be developed in this module
- Creating moving images using a combination of the software stated in the above note. An example put forward was that Photoshop can now combine and edit video footage.
- 30th September, agreed lecture with someone named Tom (need second name). Will have to create questionnaire to ask him media related questions.
Digital Graphics and Interactive Media
- Been told we will be promoting an entire business, this means a real client. This also means deadlines MUST be met!
- Also told we will be creating the front end and back end of a website to give the business an online presence
- Will be looking into what goes into logo designs and possibly creating my own logos. Will most likely include, what draws people to a logo.
- Will also have to design and create the branding for the entire company, setting out colour schemes and so on.
- Have to create a Indent for Heart and Sole convention. The best one will be picked and used at their convention. (Try to win…could open up job opportunities).
Creative Writing 1 and 2
- Creative writing is tied into scripting. Scripting is used in a large number of media productions such as films, news, music videos, indents, Apps, websites, treatment, plots, games, radio and TV ads.
Personal Development Planning
- Build on my professional skills
- Self skills audit to decide what my skills are and how I can possibly expand on them. Not only that, but build my skills on things that I do not know much about.
Year 1 Module Notes
Work Based Learning 2
- Work experience is optional in year 1 but is needed in year 2. College may have available sources to get work experience for me and I will have contacts myself to get my own work experience.
Developing Professional Skills
- Self explanatory really, will be expanding on our existing professional skills.
Introduction to Research Methods
- Do not quite understand why this is in the second year as we would already know how to research. Must inquire.
- Will have to produce a disitation if I want to go onto top-up year to get full degree.